Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2012

Countdown Time!

If you have been following my blog for the past few months, you can tell that we are completely in love with our furry children! However, with a baby on the way and a house to prepare, we have to focus on the health of our household. About five days ago, Sadie started coughing and hacking. Yes... We have been through this before with her, but this time we didn't want to wait for it to get worse. We took her to the vet and determined that our sweet dog has allergies. She is now on a prescription until it runs out, then Benadryl will work its magic on her.


With one pet taken care of, it was Suki's turn. She has a flea allergy that was diagnosed almost 9 months ago. There is a difference between just flea bites that itch and a flea allergy! With her flea allergy, just one bite can have her continually scratching and trying to get to the fleas for up to six weeks, even after the flea dies. Suki is an inside cat that rarely sees the outdoors. We have been religiously putting Frontline Plus on her since her diagnosis, and it has recently stopped working. Her visit today included a new flea medicine, and a steroid shot to decrease the scratching.

Both pets have to have their food intake to half of what we've been feeding them. Poor girls will starve! Just kidding.

As far as the baby and I, he has left several sore spots on my belly where I swear he is trying to break out. I am almost 33 weeks and I measured 35 cms, but the doctor wasn't worried. He also told me to take precautions now because the history of high blood pressure in my family will lead to my own high blood pressure problems. He was impressed with my weight gain and said to keep up what I'm doing. The heartbeat was in the 150's this time and he is still head down and pretty easy to locate! My belly grows by the minute and I am strictly in maternity clothes. And  my wonderful husband is sure to remind me of how much I'm growing! He'll get the idea soon that it's not alright to tell me!

I have been very lucky this pregnancy. I have not had the blessing of experiencing morning sickness, heartburn, leg cramps, or pregnancy mask. I still haven't even experienced noticeable Braxton Hicks. However, my main pregnancy complaints revolve around the midnight oil baby seems to be burning, restless leg syndrome, and dry skin and hair. I will also permanently have "Pride Marks" from this and many other pregnancies. Overall, life is getting more exciting by the minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment