As you can tell, I am now 32 weeks pregnant. Yes... only 8 weeks left! 9 if baby decides to linger a little longer in the safety of my belly. As many new moms figure out, preparing for a new baby is time-consuming and wallet-draining. I have currently been searching for nursing accessories and I almost had a heart attack when I saw that the size I need is at cheapest, $16.88, and that is for the simplest style! Not only that, but if we chose to have a clothed baby, we will need more clothing for him than we have!
Lucky for me, they are planning a baby shower for me in the beginning of April. We already have sleeping arrangements figured out, a dresser, swing, car seat, stroller, and newborn nighties. We have very few onsies and even fewer socks! If you are reading this, and have been invited to the baby shower, we have chosen not to give our child a pacifier. So... no gifts with pacifiers included! Babies have just as much a right to express their feelings as we do.
Sadie and Suki are doing very well with the new additions (baby stuff) around the house. At first, Sadie (our furry canine,) was very jealous when I would work on something baby related. She would find a way to sit on my projects, or take out the pins. Now she is getting along alright as long as she gets to run around the yard for a few minutes each day. Suki is the easiest cat to own. She does think she's a human, but she only cuddles when she wants something, or its been a long time since she got attention. In either case, she initiates. I am worried that when the baby is here she will get curious and try to share his bed. After doing much research on pets and new babies, I am currently coaching Justin in the importance of paying the attention to the pets first. Yes that means ignore baby until Sadie and Suki are satisfied.
The nursery is painted and awaiting touch-ups. The guest room is almost ready for guests! After the storage is moved from both the nursery and guest room, we will be able to finish furnishing and the house will be fully ready for baby and family visitors. I don't know that it is ever possible to be fully ready for babies, but I guess we will find out how ready we can be!
As for me, I am doing wonderfully! My belly is growing at a very quick rate, weight gain is still minimal. Baby is moving around and getting stronger. I am getting clumsier (if that's even possible!) And no matter what I do, apparently my already mostly transparent skin is not immune to stretch marks, even with more than half a tub of cocoa butter gone they still seem to show up. Oh well, if he asks later in life, I can nicely inform him that they were caused by his incessant growing, kicking, and stretching!
Life is great for us! We're slowing finding ways to deal with one income and the many expenses coming up. On a good note, we were able to use our tax refund to pay off all our credit lines! Now we are only in debt for the house!
You're a nicer mom than me. Lincoln has the worlds most annoying whine. I can't handle it. The only way for us to have any sanity was to give him a Binki. When I took it away at 2 he started sucking his hand. I can take away a binki but not his hands. So he has it again. Hey at least it's not a bottle! Miles and Juila never wanted binki.
ReplyDeleteCall me if you want to discuss some of the things I have that we're ready to get rid of. :) Lonni