I am now exactly two weeks away from my due date. Did I think I would ever make it this far? No. Now that I have I am so grateful! This little man is growing inside me, and according to the guesstimate made yesterday by our midwife, the baby is already in the high 7lb, low 8lb range. I have only had minimal Braxton Hicks contractions recently. I have had a few real contractions that have wrapped around my back and caused some pain and discomfort. However, when she checked to see if I have progressed towards labor, she couldn't find my cervix. Which is interesting because last week they found it just fine and determined I was 1 cm. So... In the midwife's words I am in no "imminent danger of going into labor."
One midwife has already mentioned that I might be induced in the next week and a half due to how big he is getting. The doctor I meet with next week will determine if an early induction is necessary and if he has to do an ultrasound, it will all be done on the same day.
As far as stats from this week go, I am measuring 38 cm, right where I should be. My blood pressure is spot on, I just reached my weight gain goal, and the baby's heartbeat was 144! He shied away from the doppler and so it took a little longer to find his little heartbeat, and when we found it, he would move away again.
We are so excited to meet our little man that the next two to three weeks are going to be murder! Not just on my body, but on our patience levels.
I have already determined that he will around weigh 8lbs 12oz and be about 22 inches long. I am pretty sure that he will have red hair, or I hope that he does! Anyway, if you feel like guessing his height and weight, we have two weeks left for him to continue growing! Leave your comments and we'll see who is closest! Keep in mind... This is our first child!
No comments:
Post a Comment