As of yesterday, I am now a whopping 36 weeks pregnant! My appointment on Tuesday was very successful and I found out a lot of interesting facts about baby and I.
Baby is sitting so low in my pelvis, he is already in birthing position and low enough that she thinks my water could break at any time. I am definitely feeling the extra weight he is putting on! I am not swelling unless I wander around Walmart for hours on end. I'm still in the low-weight gain category, but I now weigh more than I have in my life! I am measuring 36 cms and they even had to push his head up to get the measurement. My blood pressure is still low and no concerns have been voiced. He kicks like crazy! Some days it hurts.
As far as the discomforts of pregnancy go... I am having a hard time getting comfortable in bed, on chairs, when walking. I do waddle a little from the loose hip joints and the low sitting child I'm carrying. I never had heartburn and now he's low enough that they don't think I will experience it. Its surprising that I never got heartburn especially because acid re flux is very prevalent in my family. I have started to have practice, or Braxton Hicks, contractions but they are very minimal and they do not cause me any pain. I just notice a very rock hard belly and it only stays that way for no more than 45 seconds.
I have really enjoyed the processes that my body has gone through during the last nine months. Being pregnant for me is a blessing and I love every minute of it. I know I have complained a little over the past few months, but that's because being pregnant is not a walk in the park! It takes a lot of work and energy. I am so excited to hold our little boy in my arms and to know that it could be any time now makes me even more excited!
If I have not had him by 39 weeks, we will do an ultrasound to find out his size and make sure that his shoulders are not to broad. If that's the case, induction will be discussed during that week and probably scheduled. For now, we are determining that he will be early if not right on time!
So much excitement and fun coming our way!
Aw! I'm so jealous he might be early! haha Cosmo was a freaking week late and they wanted us to wait another week! Anyway good luck! and hopefully he comes soon!
ReplyDelete