Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hospital Visit

I am now 34 weeks pregnant and I am really starting to grow! It is getting closer to the due date and I am getting more and more excited. Yesterday, Wednesday, I couldn't get me kick counts in. It is harder normally to get them because of my anterior placenta, however, yesterday I couldn't get them at all.


I had to make an emergency visit to Labor and Delivery. I was hooked up to the contraction monitor and the heartbeat monitor. It was awesome to hear his strong heartbeat for the whole hour I was there! Baby Furnell has switched from head-down to head-up, I hope he turns back down before I deliver him. They were able to find his heartbeat right under my rib cage. She was surprised at how far up he was. It took 40 whole minutes for him to start moving. The last 20 minutes we got the results we needed. He is still healthy and moving, but having him flipped upside down from normal is the reason I couldn't feel him. My blood pressure is still right where it should be, it is actually kind of low at 125/65.

Because I haven't noticed any Braxton Hicks contractions, they want me to really pay attention and to monitor what my belly is doing all day. They also have me watching for signs of preterm labor since there is significant pressure when walking and laying down in my pelvic region. I don't know yet if its because the baby has dropped, or if he is just getting so big.

But for the time being, we are both healthy and becoming more and more excited for the next few weeks.

As a side note, Justin and I get to be tour guides at the Kansas City Open House. I will be just barely into my ninth month of pregnancy when we go to do the tours, hopefully I can handle the whole six hours!

Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment