I am officially 5 weeks from my due date! And even though the baby has started descending, I still have not experienced any Braxton Hicks contractions, or heartburn.
Baby is kicking like crazy! Since the visit to the hospital last week for lack of movement, and the scary experience of possible difficulties, I am never going to complain about the movement again. However, since he is getting so much bigger, the kicks are much stronger. He has turned back down to head-down. The docs says he will most likely stay there for the next five weeks. At the appointment on Monday morning, the doctor let Justin find the heartbeat with the doppler! It was the highlight of his day. The heartbeat was in the upper 140's, so a healthy beat. Measurements two weeks ago were 35 cm, and on Monday I was at a 34 cm. At least 1 cm drop! I'm still pretty convinced that he might come early, even if it is just a week or a few days, I think it will happen. I am still in the low weight-gain category at a total of 12 lbs gained in the last 35 weeks.
I have been having dreams of perfect little fingers and toes making their way out of my belly causing a need for stitches! As in, not being delivered, but being strong enough to actually make it through my muscles and everything else. Morbid, I know. As far as cravings, it is still Fish-Fillet from McDonald's, and soft-serve ice cream.
We are working more and more on getting the house in order so that family can come and visit. We are also currently planning a trip in the early part of June to visit Utah with baby and to have him meet the whole family. However, due to the need of money and paid bills, it will be a quick trip, lasting only three days or so in Utah. Three days in Utah and four days traveling will make for one busy, exhausting week for our little family.
I just got the birth plan finalized and will be presenting it to the Doctors on Tuesday. I think I will be a pretty easy patient. There are a few things I am adamant about, and some that I am willing to budge. However, if anyone plans on visiting me at the hospital, yes... that means all family.... I may not be willing to let you in the room. I know that I will be exhausted and for the first few hours I will probably be pretty selfish with Baby and Justin.
Two weeks until full-term! I can't believe how time is flying! I just can't wait to hold our sweet baby boy in my arms and experience the joy of having such a pure, innocent, spirit in my presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment