Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dr's and Thanksgiving

This week has been filled with stress from all angles!


First, the stress from anticipating the doctor appointment. Like the last appointment the doppler wouldn't pick up the heartbeat. After an ultrasound to hear the heartbeat, we have discovered that the baby is still there, still growing, but... I do have an Anterior Placenta. An Anterior Placenta is nothing to worry about. It just means that the baby is behind the placenta and it makes it harder for the doppler to hear the heartbeat because of the fluid in the way. Baby's heartbeat is now in the 140's, normal for a baby in the second trimester. The Midwife we are going to is determined to find the heartbeat with the doppler, so December 9th will be her chance! December 20, right before we fly to Utah, is the big ultrasound to determine sex of the baby, and whether there are any birth defects.

Next, stressing about Thanksgiving, even when I'm not making the food, is a lot of work! At first, I just felt homesick because it was my first Thanksgiving without my siblings or my parents. But then I stressed because I didn't know what to expect about a Furnell family Thanksgiving. The food was delicious and the company was fun. Justin was very sick on Thanksgiving though, so when we got home, it was peaceful while Justin slept and I relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment