Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We Made it!

Some may think that Justin and I are totally insane for driving straight through,with a cat, from Utah to Missouri.

I'm beginning to agree!

Suki was wonderful! The first two hours through Wyoming, with its lack of scenery and its rolling hills and valleys, were not enough to keep her attention off the fact that she was in a car. However, very soon after that first two hours, she calmed right down and road in her cat condo with out any problems. I was pretty worried about her because she wasn't eating or drinking anything the whole trip. Now she has made up for it.

About ten hours into the drive, and a fourth the way through Nebraska, Justin let me drive! Yes... I got to drive on unfamiliar roads, enjoying the flat scenery, and listening for Justin to silently fall into a deep sleep.

We had bought two books on CD... Hazardous Universe, and Shadows of Brierley: The Wanderer.  These books helped keep us entertained while we were driving and allowed me to slip into their worlds so that I didn't stress about the next week I had ahead of me. Now that we are in Missouri, living in Dad and Mom Furnell's house, I am slowly learning my way around Sedalia. Finding a job for me will be the hardest. I know what I want to do, but that can't happen for a while. We need the money from two incomes to make it through the next couple of months. If all else fails... I can work at Staples! Ha Ha.

Justin has a job with his dad at LTL. He is excited to relearn how to do everything, and to spend some time with his dad. I am currently working on getting a position at the Community College in the Financial Aid department. After working at LDSBC for two years in Financial Services, I hope that it will set me apart.

Suki is still calming down and getting used to our room before I will even dream about introducing her to the other animals in the house. She is still so young but has little experience with other animals. Kids are a foreign enemy to her and the stress of the new enviroment is a little difficult to grasp.

I'll update again later when we get things a little more figured out!

Love,

Justin and Mitzi

1 comment:

  1. I hope all is going well in MO! if you have little to no luck on the job front talk to my Mom and see if the State is hiring at all... they are decent to work for. Also if all else fails there is always Tyson LOL though I only recommend it for a short time as it is hard hard work with long hours.

    ReplyDelete