Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What I'll Miss about Utah

The past few weeks I have taken it upon myself to pay attention to all of my surroundings and realize how wonderful Heavenly Father has made this world for us. There are several things that I will miss about Utah and I've even come up with a few things that I will NOT miss.

NOT Miss:
  • Dry Climate
    • My hands, feet, legs, face, every part of me that gets smeared with lotion several times a day will not miss this cycle. The humidity in Missouri should keep my dry skin somewhat at bay. 
  • Low Oxygen
    • Not only will my lungs relax and start to breathe properly, my body will also start working a little more efficiently! I have asthma, and with our thin air it makes walking outside and especially exercising outside very difficult. 
WILL Miss:
  • Family
  • Vernon, Utah Reservoir
    • My side of the family is mostly here in Utah. We have some in Texas, Oklahoma, and Oregon as well. I won't be here in person, but in spirit the family parties are being attended!
  • Mountains
    • I love the mountains! There are so many opportunities in Utah to go hiking and mountain biking. It is even fun sometimes to go hunting (not the killing part though).
  • Camp-outs
    • I'll miss the family camp-outs and the fun four-wheeler rides with dirt-filled hair. 
  • Desert
    • Yes... I'll miss the desert. I love exploring and seeing all the cool artifacts left by the Indians and the Pony Express routes that Dad used to take us on.
  • Temples in Close Proximity
    • It is such a blessing for us to have temples wherever we are. I think sometimes we take it for granted how close we are to the Lord's House. In Missouri, we will be able to attend the temple once a month until the Kansas City Temple is completed. The closest temple is the St. Louis Temple. 
There are a lot of things to miss, but there is so much to learn and so many ways to grow through experiencing different atmospheres!

No comments:

Post a Comment