Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Every year St. Patrick's Day comes around on March 17th without fail. Every year, we did the same thing. This year... It is our time to set our own traditions. So I went to work (on setting the traditions)!

The traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner consists of Corned Beef and Cabbage. So we had Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner. I even added Mashed Potatoes...dyed green! For gravy, we had to improvise. We did not have a gravy mix or a recipe. We did have some ramen noodle seasoning packets! With two cups of water, 2 packets of beef seasoning, and 1 cup of Corned Beef juices, we had a pretty good gravy made up! The thickness was provided by about 2 tablespoons of corn starch. It was the perfect night of firsts! First time eating Corned Beef, and a first time cooking a big dinner!

Now that we have spoken about dinner before we mention breakfast, you might be thinking that we had a normal breakfast! Wrong! For breakfast I made German pancakes. These were not the normal yellow German pancakes that everyone is used to... These were green! We put the normal toppings of powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, syrup and butter on our German pancakes... They were delicious! The German pancakes were made with whole wheat flour.

Overall, it was a green St. Patrick's Day! I do believe that this is a tradition that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment