Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weeks One & Two

Here's a quick update on my sweet little family!

Week one was mostly spent in the hospital. After a Cesarean, they like to keep you in the hospital for as long as the insurance will pay. I was there from Monday until Friday. It was a wonderful stay in the hospital. All of the nurses and staff were very helpful in teaching me proper hygiene for my wounds, and in correct breastfeeding techniques. It was great to be waited on hand and foot!

Ryker was on an IV Antibiotic for the first two days of life as a precaution. He got to come into my room with me on Thursday, May 3. I still had to ask the nursery to watch him due to lack of rest and healing. Plus... Ryker loves to be held! Just like any newborn, he likes constant mommy contact, so I would send him to the nursery to catch some sleep.

Upon coming home, the house was cleaned wonderfully! Denise, my step-mom, did a wonderful job taking care of the house while I was in the hospital. Sadie and Suki were very well fed and exercised while my dad was here. My dad made a beautiful Cedar cradle for Ryker to sleep in. Hopefully it will be something that all of us kids can use for our various children. Sadie has been very gentle with me, it's like she knows that I am still hurt and can't quite give her the amount of time I was able to before.



We went to the Pediatrician's when Ryker was 8 days old. The doc said he is healthy, and doing great! I do not have to supplement or anything like that. He even decided to skip the two week visits and jump to one month visits. We also went to sign Ryker up for WIC and discovered that I am already 6 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.

We are still hanging out in the house and discovering a schedule. It is taking some time to get my milk supply established, but that is a common side effect of a C-section. It took 3 days for my milk to come in and it is slowly building to a supply large enough to handle our constantly growing little one. He is definitely vocal in what he wants and needs! Today, I took away the pacifier the nursery gave us. I felt like it was slowing down his hunger patterns. So... We are now learning how to calm a baby without the use of a pacifier.

Ryker did have his umbilical cord fall off this morning! My little man has a belly button! He is so cute and white and red-headed, I look forward to seeing his little personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment