As many of you know, Justin and I went to Utah for Christmas vacation. We visited with our Utah family, and rested. On about the third day of being in Utah, I got a migraine that lasted until a week after we got back. I attribute it to being pregnant in Missouri and then moving to a very high elevation. AKA, I think I had altitude sickness. Shortly after the migraine went away, I got hit with a nasty cold.
We had a doctor's appointment on the Friday after we got back. Baby is doing well, he is strong and happy! He is maintaining a heartbeat in the 130's and moves around like crazy. Because of my Anterior Placenta, there are days when I can tell that he is head down because I will feel a few kicks in my rib cage, but then I won't feel anything for hours.
Since the gender was questionable, we had a 3D Ultrasound that verified that He is definitely a boy! Several people think he will have my nose. Poor guy! I have finished my sewing projects in the nursery, but there is one wall that needs some paint touch-up.
Justin and I attended a labor class offered through the hospital. I think that we have learned a lot and I hope, that when the time comes for us to do the real thing, we will remember what we learned.
In other news, Sadie got her first haircut! we can now touch her back legs, and by her tail without any aggressive behavior toward us. However, because of her drastic new look, Suki was sure that we had brought home a different dog and she wouldn't even be in the same room as Sadie for almost four days. now they are back to being best friends! Another complication with Sadie getting a haircut, I am apparently allergic to either the soap or the deodorizer that they put on her before she came home. It resulted in another cold-like sickness. After vacuuming every surface, washing all of the sheets and blankets, and several brushings, it is safe to say that I am no longer having issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment