We arrived at at the Kansas City International Airport around 1:35PM. Feelings of anxiety were starting to take over when I realized that I was meeting the PARENTS! Looking around with nervous eyes we finally spotted them. Barely able to reach over the security guard wall at the outside of the terminal, Mom and Dad waved us down. Justin and I made it to the exit right when my bladder decided it couldn't handle anymore. Without even saying "hi", I ran right past them to the bathroom! What an impression that probably made!
After a quick trip to the "pot", I was greeted with warm smiles and bear hugs as I was introduced to my future family! They are so nice and loving. The spirit of the Lord is felt anytime they are around. It is amazing! After the airport, we went to eat at Fazoli's in Independence. It was delicious! Our first sit down meal as potential family. Did I mention all of the green?? Everywhere you looked, there was green grass, green trees, rocks with green moss, it was gorgeous!! The moist air did wonders for my skin after just a few minutes. At lunch, we were able to kind of interview each other and get to know everyone better. Mom and Dad are very fun people! I am so grateful to have them in my life!
Finally, the hour long car ride to Sedalia loomed near. We loaded the car and off we went. Mom, Dad, Justin, and I road in a peaceful atmosphere of love and understanding from Independence, MO to Sedalia.
Our first stop in Sedalia was Katy Park. Here I met Shannon, Justin's sister, and her three beautiful children! They are all so full of energy that it was hard to keep up!
Overall, My first day in Missouri with the man that I love was the best day this year! (not counting the day that the hellmester ended)!! The night came to a close with me in a wonderful room and a comfy new bed. Justin slept downstairs on a futon mattress that he had laid out on the floor. Jet-lagged and ready for bed, I laid my head on the pillow to dream of the green wonderland awaiting me outside! (and the sounds of the frogs outside was quite beautiful!)
Tune in next week for Day Two.
No comments:
Post a Comment